Wednesday, August 12, 2009

100 Songs of My Life

I planned to do this last week, days upon reading 100 Songs that Could Change Your Life by Larry Cayco, who was inspired by Baddie and Ade. I even posted a number of his selections at blip.fm.

When I was in undergrad, I made a list of the songs I wanted played at my wake. I think I only came up with around 25 songs, most of them alternative rock. I wonder if I had saved that list. Anyway, here are the songs of my life (in no particular order) – from the time I was a kid listening to my red portable cassette tape player, to when I was a depressed young adult cutting my emo skin away, and even including a period of my teen years when I was head over heels in love with that gay guy on BoyZone and had to dance to a BSB tune while campaigning for the student council. I would have jotted down Macarena but then that would be an overkill. You'll also find some from OSTs, since I love movies. Hope you enjoy them.


1. The Rolling Stones – You Can't Always Get What You Want
2. Nirvana – All Apologies
3. Silverchair – Suicidal Dream
4. Hoobastank – The Reason
5. The Cardigans – Lovefool
6. O.A.R. – Shattered
7. Eraserheads – Fine Time
8. Parokya Ni Edgar – Halaga
9. Suede – Beautiful Ones
10. The Buggles – Video Killed the Radio Star
11. Keane – With or Without You
12. U2 – Staring at the Sun
13. Daughtry – Home
14. Edwin McCain – I’ll Be
15. Joshua Kadison – Beautiful in My Eyes
16. R.E.M. – Losing My Religion
17. Metallica – Unforgiven II
18. Blink 182 – All the Small Things
19. Petula Clark – Downtown
20. Meredith Brooks – Bitch
21. Aerosmith – Crazy
22. Bon Jovi – It’s My Life
23. David Cook – Always Be My Baby
24. Mariah Carey – Honey
25. Spice Girls – 2become1
26. BoyZone – Key to My Life
27. Backstreet Boys – As Long as You Love Me
28. Destiny’s Child – Emotions
29. Limp Bizkit – Rollin’
30. Eminem – Cleanin’ Out My Closet
31. Green Day – Nimrod
32. Savage Garden – Truly Madly Deeply
33. Blur – Song 2
34. Oasis – Stand By Me
35. The Temptations – My Girl
36. Marilyn Manson – Rock Is Dead
37. The Beatles – Hey Jude
38. Bee Gees – How Deep Is Your Love
39. Justin Timberlake – Sexy Back
40. Pussycat Dolls – Don’t Cha
41. Phoebe (Friends) – Smelly Cat
42. Timon & Pumba – Hakuna Matata (The Lion King OST)
43. Shelby Flint – Be Brave Little One (Dumbo OST)
44. James Horner – Somewhere Out There (American Tale OST)
45. Michael Jackson – Gone Too Soon
46. Alicia Keys – Karma
47. Black Eyed Peas – My Humps
48. Pink, Mya, Li’l Kim and Christina Aguilera – Lady Marmalade
49. Ewan McGregor – Your Song (Moulin Rouge OST)
50. Johann Pachelbel – Canon (My Sassy Girl OST)
51. The Knack – My Sharona
52. T.L.C. – No Scrubs
53. Madonna – Like a Virgin
54. The Cranberries – Linger
55. The Fray – You Found Me
56. Paula Cole – I Don’t Wanna Wait
57. Roy Orbison – Oh, Pretty Woman
58. Rick James – Super Freak
59. Funky Chicos – Funky Town
60. Maksim – Flight of the Bumblebee
61. Marcy Playground – I Smell Sex and Candy
62. Maroon 5 – She Will Be Loved
63. Fatboy Slim – The Rockafeller Skank
64. The Prodigy – Firestarter
65. Matchbox 20 – Unwell
66. Jet – Are You Gonna Be My Girl
67. Muse – Supermassive Black Hole
68. Stereophonics – Superman
69. The Calling – Adrienne
70. B.J. Thomas – Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head
71. Frank Sinatra – Singin’ in the Rain
72. Marilyn Monroe – Happy Birthday Mr. President
73. Nino Rota – The Godfather Theme
74. Henry Mancini – The Pink Panther Theme
75. Lea Salonga – Sing a Song
76. The Righteous Brothers – Unchained Melody
77. Frankie Valli – Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
78. Jim Carrey – Cuban Pete (The Mask OST)
79. Solomon Linda – Mbube/The Lion Sleeps Tonight
80. Prince – Kiss
81. Right Said Fred – I’m Too Sexy
82. Hot Chocolate – You Sexy Thing
83. Turbonegro – Age of the Pampirus (Wildboyz Theme)
84. Catherine Zeta-Jones – All That Jazz (Chicago OST)
85. Britney Spears – Slave 4 U
86. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Under the Bridge
87. Fergie – Fergalicious
88. No Doubt – Don’t Speak
89. Garbage – Paranoid
90. Goo Goo Dolls – Name
91. Vertical Horizon – You’re a God
92. Fergie – Big Girls Don’t Cry
93. The Darkness – I Believe in a Thing Called Love
94. Kylie Minogue – Can't Get You Out Of My Head
95. Staind – So Far Away
96. Bush – Swallowed
97. Incubus – Megalomaniac
98. Nickelback – Animals
99. 3 Doors Down – Here Without You
100. The Kooks – Do You Wanna

No comments:

Post a Comment