Friday, November 20, 2009

Let Me Tell You About My Way Home Last Night...

I rode the UP Ikot jeep at 6pm, as usual. Although if I knew it was actually a love boat for the only two passengers who were so overtly sweethearts, I would have hesitated. They were tickling each other and such; you can almost smell their libidos. At one instance, the girl exclaimed, "Oh shit!" when the boy poked her -- literally, and not what you sexual beings have in mind. And at another point, the boy playfully chastised the girl when she assumed the supine position, her head cradled on his lap. "O, huwag kang humiga dito sa Ikot." ("Don't lie down in the jeepney.") By this time, I had a seatmate. Thank goodness there's someone to share the torture with. I was sitting right across the boy -- I dared not stare at his face. When finally they reached their stop, which is Vinzons Hall, I looked at their faces. Jeezaz they looked almost the same. So it may be true then, if you're compatible with that person, you'll strongly resemble each other by the way you look, dress, speak, etc.

Several stations thereafter, my eyes painfully came across another couple in their college uniforms cuddling while waiting for I don't know which other public transportation vehicle passes by the corner of Ylanan Road. Well, it was painful not in the sense that I envied them, but the boy's hand was slowly inching down from the girl's hip to her right butt cheek -- and she was really really thin. As in Calista Flockhart-thin. So was he. The sight was disturbing.

Continuing on my journey in a yellow jeepney, at the checkpoint near Fine Arts, I saw this woman wearing a baby blue spaghetti-strapped sando with matching headband and she was squatting down like a child trying to poop on soil. I figured she was like that because she was tired of waiting for somebody -- her husband, lover, friend, or all of the above. Plus the fact that there were no benches around. I said to myself, "Me, I am not waiting for anyone. I know that if somebody's meant to be mine, he or she will come in good time."

*Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight, someone's thinking of me...* I remember thinking, before I boarded the jeep, how beautiful the crescent moon was. Then I stopped when I saw the honeymooners.

Let's go back to my travel homeward. There I was on the small side seat inside a Krus na Ligas (KNL) tricycle when I overheard the manong driver say, "Baka sabihin niya, tricycle driver lang ako." Meaning he was probably courting someone who he thinks might look down on him, since he's only a trycycle driver. The passenger behind him answered, but I failed to follow their conversation because my attention was stolen by the Christmas lights at the top of an apartment. (As some of you might know, KNL can be a pretty colorful place, with all those different faces and tiny establishments.)

After walking from our village's guard house, I arrived at home and was welcomed by my ever-excited brother, Dollar. Why are dogs such happy creatures? It's unbelievable. If I had a human who would jump om me when I open the door and move frantically about until I have patted him, I'd probably be one of the most contented persons on earth. Not that I need someone right now. During the whole trip I didn't even think about any individual in particular -- like one from a lost love. All I'm saying is, if I had a suitor who has a car and who would drive me home everyday, I wouldn't have to think about this things. Haha, yeah right! =P

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you are looking for something a little different but know that you don't have to settle for the regular ones that most sites like Streamate have.

    ReplyDelete