Wednesday, July 15, 2009

WTF Moment with ze Bozz

Yesterday I was completely aghast when, while straining my eyes to analyze a database of 14,000 attendees, our boss stood beside me and said, "Bawal dapat ang personal surfing, ginagaya ka nila eh" ("You shouldn't do personal surfing; the other employees are following your lead") in a demeaning way that all I could do was tell him I'm doing the stats requested by my OIC and then present to him the updated program I'm making for an event. Boy oh boy. Good thing I didn't lose my cool. Why? Because I wasn't doing anything wrong. It was actually the person whose workstation is perpendicular to me and who happens to be the brother of his lover that was playing Farm Town on Facebook who had committed a transgression. Gawd, I don't even give a horse's ass on Facebook apps! The last time a played a game in the office was when he caught me with Yahoo!'s Bookworm last October 31, 2008 at 5:05 in the afternoon on a freakin' Friday - and it was even past office hours! He said it was a ground for suspension, as per the Acceptable Use Policy of the University. Although when I asked him a few hours earlier why he was not dismissing us, since all other UP offices have declared a half-day for the November 1 holiday, he said "Hindi naman tayo UP eh." ("We're not part of UP.") Talk about major inconsistency. Like me and my friend used to say, "Oh well..." I believe I deserve an apology; this is the second time he accused me of playing games. I know he's unfair most of the time, but if he spends any more of that time on me, he'll be sorry. If I quit this job, it's not going to be my loss. I bet his moustache on that. Muhahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment