Monday, July 13, 2009

Let Bygones Be Bygones

wal·low
...to indulge oneself immoderately <wallowing in self-pity>
Sometimes I just tell myself, "Stop." But my being an Ayn Rand fan doesn't really weigh much because I still end up saying, "I can't help it." I know, I know, I should have nothing to complain about; I have a mom who's a great homemaker, a huge but really cute dog for a best friend, and an easy yet rewarding-enough job. But I am sad.

Maybe I was born to dwell in misery. Maybe I simply have a tendency to be depressive and obsessive. Maybe I am contented to be an always-almost (read: frustrated) person. Maybe putting myself in Despair mode makes me feel safer. But what I am sure of right now is that I cannot be like this forever. I cannot dwell in the negative. I cannot afford to. *sigh*

Today, I say goodbye to the things that hurt me in the past. I know they will haunt me. Guess what I will do: give them the finger. LOLz

No comments:

Post a Comment